Saturday, September 09, 2006

Forgotten Father


Kamikaze Camel over at Stale Popcorn has been wondering which of our Australian icons is going to be forcibly ripped from their mortal coils now that Steve and Pete have been wrested from us.

It got me to thinking about poor Dr. Colin Thiele, one of our most celebrated authors, father of Storm Boy, Blue Fin and The Sun On The Stubble, who passed away earlier this week with hardly a mention. No hour long tribute shows or front page spreads.

Sorry, but it gets me feeling a little Greer-ish about what our country respects.

Through his words, Dr. Thiele gave a generation of our country's children (myself included) a glimpse into the heart of our nation and he leaves us with some truly iconic images.

You'll be missed.

You can leave a message for Dr Thiele's wife and children over at his website.

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:45 pm, Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I can't speak for the others, but I remember enjoying Storm Boy.

Sad.

 
At 8:06 am, Blogger Johnny said...

I went to school with the actor that played Storm Boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home