Monday, September 04, 2006

Photograph Therapy

Federation Bells 3
To combat the general disconnectedness I am feeling at the moment, I decided to walk home from having lunch with Chris and Jake (lunch was fab, guys... the traffic lights told me so!) along the banks of the Yarra. As soon as I hit the river I was overtaken wiyh a desire to capture the bleakness of the day.

As you can tell, I journeyed through the Federation Bells. It was cathartic standing in the middle of the rain and the cacophonous resonance of the bells. I love this photo, love the colours and the lines. It is exactly where I was yesterday.



It wasn't all dowdy though. The relocated mosaic beast brightened me a touch. And there were flashes of stunning light.


I adore the last shot even if my camera can't focus to save itself. It has contrast and light that reminds me of the Australian Impressionists of the Heidelberg School (Arthur Streeton or David Davies perhaps.)

Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:20 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

That last pic is beautiful. And while it's a strange spot to have moved 'Angel' too, it kinda works. As for the Federation Bells - I walked through them about a month or two ago, and I have to say I found the whole experience utterly transcendent.

 
At 4:34 pm, Blogger Cade said...

I know nothing of these bells, tell me more I am intrigued... The first three photos are FANTASTIC! You are a clever cookie.
Now back to reading your blog and catching up on a life I have never known.

 
At 4:55 pm, Blogger walypala said...

The bells, the BELLS!!!

They're up above Birrarung Marr near Fed Sq. It is an sonic installatiion that goes off every few hours.

The bells are a little discordant so I recommend a visit at dusk or in the rain.

ps I love blogs but reading lives in reverse can be quite disorienting.

Nice to meet you, Jay the Gay From Homo Primary. (I am soooo fucking jealous of that nickname, I just thought I'd reiterate that!)

 
At 2:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Melbourne Spring!

Where four seasons in one day becomes fours seasons in 10 minutes.

You have captured Melbourne Spring in the last picture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home