Friday, September 01, 2006

¡Venga, Viggo!

Is there anything Viggo Mortensen can't do?

Ain't It Cool has just posted the (hopefully) early trailer for Viggo's new film, Captain Alatriste.

And it's in Spanish. Not just the trailer, the whole film. Clever Viggo!

Are the casting agents on acid? Has he been dubbed? Nope. Viggo and his Language Acquisition Device lived in Argentina in his younger and more vulnerable years. I suppose all he really had to do was "chuck a Meryl" and pick up the accent.

You can check out the trailer below in GLORIOUS low definition:



The film is hot, hot, hotly anticipated in Spain and is their most expensive production to date. If reminds me of one of my favourite tear-fests, Cyrano de Bergerac and the cast looks ace so I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

Actually, given the oblique hyperbole of the History-Channel-meets-Hallmark-Movie-of-the-Week voiceover in the trailer, I think I'll cross my toes also.

P.S. I have always wanted to somehow extract the L.A.D. and make it into an actual device. It would be far more practical than carrying it around in our heads. Plus, that way it might survive our youth. Don't stress, I'd give Noam the royalties.

Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home