Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada: A Film Exposed Review


The FilmExposed newsletter went out today and I was surprised to see my Three Burials... review has been attached to the UK DVD release.

This was actually my "interview" review, the one they asked me to send in at the drop of a hat to get a seat on the bus. It never was posted so I posted it here myself. Now it's popped up, so you can check it out if you missed it.

Don, you'll especially like the line:

"It is a well-worn adage but landscape is most definitely the main character of this film."

I really enjoyed this flick. I probably wouldn't have seen it if it weren't assigned owing to my ambivalence towards Westerns and my animosity towards Tommy Lee (and anyone else with a double barrel first name). I stand overwhelmingly corrected on both counts.

Haul ass to FilmExposed for the whole kit and kaboodle.


Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:00 pm, Blogger D said...

I'm planning on becoming an agent, with my sole client being "the landscape". I'll clean up!

I am beginning to think that all of these strepsils are affecting my brain...

 
At 6:05 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Let's hope your client never picks up an Oscar. However will he/she/it fit into the Kodak Theatre?

 
At 1:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mate and his boyfriend used to own a sex shop called Kit and Kaboodle, right here in Melbourne, down some lane (where else?) complete with backrooms.

No, I was never a patron.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home