Monday, August 28, 2006

Faster Pussycat, Procrastinate, Procrastinate!!!

Last night, after taking in Look Both Ways on DVD, I settled in to write my review for FilmExposed. It was a bit of a late starter this one so I was under a bucket load of pressure. While I typed I decided to put on a film in the background. Bad move.

While I didn't get much of the review written, the whole divided attention scenario helped me to enjoy these two mediocre films immensely.

First up, Big Eden, you know, that film with the guy from Ellen. I'd spent a long time avoiding this one, or trying to sit through it (some of it seemed quite familiar), it always just seemed a little dull. In the end it was but with my mind trying to get on with work, Big Eden seemed the more enticing option.

I was eventually won over by the film's quaint country folk rooting FOR the guys to get together. Eden, indeed!

It was calming to watch a queer film where the gay issues are not the biggest issues. And it kept my mind off my work, which hadn't progressed past a few sentences, so out came...

Derek Jarman's Sebastiane.

Um, well... I couldn't really get over the suspicion that all the film was going to amount to was well-shot soft-core with English schoolboys, all grown up, showing off their Latin skills.

I was first aroused (suspicion-wise) during the slow motion sequence where Leonardo Treviglio spent six minutes pouring water over his naked body.

So yes, Jarman proved the existence of God!

See...



Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home