Friday, September 01, 2006

Contact From the Other Side

Kes
I snapped this really ace stencil work just off Rose St, Fitzroy, and although I've never seen Loach's Kes, I have always been enamoured of the imagery. It is probably because it puts me in mind of the book My Side of the Mountain. What can I say, boys with birds do it for me... Loved the idea of Storm Boy, too, but I don't think I've seen the film in its entirety.

Aaaaaaaanyway, After I posted it in my Flickr photostream, I received a comment from the artist, Ghost Patrol, along with a link to his site.

Do check it out. He is responsible for some of the best stencil work in Melbourne (and it's still around despite my worrying). There are t-shirts to buy too!

On a sadder note, and in complete contradiction to my previous comment, Ghost Patrol mentioned that these two lil' critters of his were buffed yesterday (along with the tin can phone that joined them).



Heartless clean freaks!

Tags: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:55 am, Blogger walypala said...

Here, here! Thankfully, there's plenty more where that came from!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home