Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wash Your Mouth Out With Sufjan

I've just come back from seeing Geoffrey Wright's Macbeth and I concur with Richard when he says it was a real steamer.

It was almost bad enough to turn me off Sam forever... almost.

My two biggest pet hates in film: voiceovers (especially when used for Shakespearean soliloquies) and slow motion that is obviously an afterthought because they used the wrong shutter speed, and this film had both in spades.

Luckily, I stumbled on this little gem over at Pitchfork. Yes, it's the Sufjan Jesus Christmas Box Set!


There are some downloads available through the link above but go there anyway just for the song titles. Titles like Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance! can bring a smile to the face of even the most disappointed cinemagoer.

And do note he's playing in London now that I've left, fucker!*

Tags: , ,

*I don't mean that, Sufjan, I could never hate you!

5 Comments:

At 1:12 am, Blogger whatev said...

I like your template, 'specially the wallpaper look (yes really, and it reminds me of the 70s, I was there) ... thought you'd done well with beta-Blogger, but no, it's the oldie.

 
At 1:51 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Cheers, man!

I got the background from a design blog named citrusmoon or something. I blogged it when I wallpapered.

I'm dreading the move to beta. Hearing bad things and I can't be fucked redesigning right now.

 
At 1:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you, Mike. DAMN YOU! You got my hopes up, I frantically googled and found out that oh yes, Sufjan's touring. But he's touring bloody Dublin! I'm now signed up to be emailed before the tickets go on sale if he performs in London. Oh Sufjan, I love you so much (I'm listening to Illinois right now! Pure coincidence, I swear!). If you find out he's touring anywhere in the UK (uck) and don't tell me, Mike, I'll come to Melbourne to smother you with a pillow as you sleep. Seriously.

 
At 2:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I take it back.

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=4724

Sold out.

 
At 2:50 am, Blogger walypala said...

eBay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home