Monday, September 04, 2006

Teach Yourself Auslan


Okay, you're right, that is not Auslan (it is actually a sheet demonstrating my new hand exercises) but it is true that my hand is rooted.

Everyone is pleased with the progress and all but the fucker still doesn't move! I caught a confused glance from Kate (not that Kate, the other one) that seemed to say, "Hmmm, that's not quite right..."

I held back the tears though. It is so frustrating to look at your hand, to will it to move, to have your other hand there to demonstrate the movements, to tense the muscles... and to get fuck all in return.

The Kates are still optimistic, so I suppose I should be.

Tags: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:22 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

They're the experts, so let's be optimistic along with them, shall we? But let the tears come if they need to. *hugs*

You still up for Macbeth tomorrow night, 6.30pm?

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Bloody oath! How else did you think I was going to put my masterplan of proposing to Sam Worthington into effect?

Shall we meet at yours? Do you wanna do dinner first?

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger D said...

Hang in there buddy. Like Richard said, they are the experts, and you are interpreting glances. (Stop that!)

It's still early days in a long slog, but you'll get there.
x

 
At 7:16 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Hey, don't pick on the cripple!

I'll slap you with my manky hand.

Do you think Sam will still love me?

(Great, I've got the longest word verification "word" EVER to input now... don't they know I'm handicapped!?!?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home