Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where The Wild Things Were


I was really excited when I heard that the house of one of the students of the school I taught at last year had been seconded for the filming of Spike Jonze's film version of the children's book, Where The Wild Things Are. My mate was going to set us up a set visit but before it came together, filming wrapped. Bugger!

I went by today anyway to have a look. The place is gutted and being repainted. The doors were wide open because there was nothing there to steal. It would have been nice to see it in full swing but, all things considered, I can wait for the film and hug this photo I took of the house.

Wild Things


Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:52 pm, Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

This movie can't come quickly enough.

 
At 12:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cant wait for this film!!

My sister lives in Newport, and said there was an amazing amoung of money spent dressing up this street with snow and fog for the movie. Newport park was used for the forest scenes.

But it was the thousands or support crew that amazed my nephews the most... A lot of people being paid to stand around...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home