Monday, September 11, 2006

Hand Update


So they let me retire Gertie today. Kate and Kate want me to spend my days splint free. I quizzed Kate about the non movement of my fingers and she said it was down to scar tissue and that I should just persevere. I am persevering with typing two-handed here but it is wierd, kinda like smacking the keyboard with a mallet but it is a little quicker and anything that helps my fingers to move is good apparently. I have been started on picking up paperclips and marbles. This year is going to be thrilling, I can already tell.

It is nice to feel the wind through my fingers though, the parts I can feel it anyway.

Apparently there is a lot of scar tissue because of the extent of the injury and the amount of work they had to do. If it doesn't relax sufficiently, I can look forward to another operation in six months to remove some of it.

Everything else is healed, there is a little raw skin at the base of my finger but they'll burn that off on Monday, hopefully

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:15 am, Blogger walypala said...

Thanks punters!

And, yes, I caught the Galactica vids. Looks like it is going to be a bumper season!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home