Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another Day, Another Farewell

Hello PollyThursday night was a real treat. Though unfortunately a sad one. It probably speaks volumes about me that I love farewell parties so much. Maybe it is the heightened emotions or the optimistic conversations, or maybe it is just that everyone is open about their feelings. Whatever it is, it's delicious.

I'd spent so much time in London bemoaning the fact that I didn't know anyone that I was charmingly unaware that I actually did, or would soon have.

We asked for a table for twelve, it should have been closer to twenty in the end. Twenty card-carrying examples of fabulousness. Thank you all.



No-Necked Monsters started as a blog to help me to keep in touch with my beloved Melbournian friends (and not write so many impersonal bulk emails). Now on the flipside of the globe it will have to stick around to be my hotline to London. Girls and boys, don't be afraid to comment.

And so, I leave you with the gift of smiles. You may remember the minefield of photogenicity that is unleashed on the earth when Kate is wielding a digital camera. The Belgian Beer and Mussel Bar was drowned in caterwauls of "SPARKLY EYES!!!" and "THAT'S GOOOOD!!!". Everyone had a go, even the waiter.

Till next time...



Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:50 am, Blogger Duncan said...

OMG. It looks like everyone is gurning. Weather was rubbish here this weekend, mate. Y'aint missing much. Apart from me, I am sure. Hope you are enjoying being back in the Burn and three summers back to back. A-hole.

 
At 1:51 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Weather here is surprisingly chipper.

Missing you, missing everyone. Bit wierd being back but very comfortable. Melbourne is a grungy soul balm.

Mmmmmm

 
At 8:57 am, Blogger D said...

For the record, and despite apparent evidence to the contrary, I'd like to confirm that, no, I am not crazy.

That said, it was insanely fun to meet so many fantastic people on Thursday night, and hopefully we can catch up next time I'm back in London (July 2007?).

Also if any of you ever find yourself in Perth, (hey, it could happen!) you always have a place to crash.

D x

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger walypala said...

There, there Don.

Hold still while I bucikle up your jacket; it is difficult one-handed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home