Saturday, August 05, 2006

And It's Getting Better...

I Will Survive

I just wanted to post a photo for y’all to let you know I am healing well.

Spoilers to follow, i.e. don’t read on if you are squeamish:

Compared to a week ago (when I looked like this, and that was apparently after a 100-fold improvement) I have made somewhat of a miraculous recovery. Given that the incident involved tumbling down some stairs, being hit with a bar and crashing through a plate glass window, I suppose I got off quite lightly. If the police hadn’t come when they did then I wouldn’t be wouldn’t be here at all, and that is terribly frightening.

So, the fantastic Dutch doctors and nurses worked their magic (clog-free unfortunately). They stitched my scalp back on and stitched up my arm and brow. My left hand is in a cast after they repaired all the tendons and nerves that were sliced up, and that is going to have to undergo extensive rehabilitation, hence my return to Melbourne.

Typing one-handed is a bitch!

It is sobering to consider what I have lost because of just a few puffs of Dutch tourism. A partner and a life-line. As much as I cannot contemplate seeing or talking to him at the moment, I can’t bear to think about where he is right now, physically and mentally. I don’t want any of you to think badly of him, he really wasn’t himself when this happened.

I really want to thank you all for the phone calls and intercontinental love and I will soon but the tiredness is creeping in. Don’t stress, I am well looked after by Don and I’ll see you all soon.

x

3 Comments:

At 8:31 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

The before shot is plain heartbreaking, the after displaying what I believe would be called a wry smile. You are very much in our thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery for you, and hopefully, a return to sanity for Rog - I may find it hard to forgive him for this, but I also recognise he was clearly not in his right mind at the time. You are a brave, beautiful, forgiving soul. *hugs* By the way, it's been suggested I take in a flat mate to save money - let me know if you're interested. If nothing else I can promise lots of movie previews and +1's... ;-)

 
At 2:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, someone beat you up severely and you are thinking of having a relationship with him? Have you ever heard of battered wife/spouse/child syndrome? Run, don't walk, away from this person. Forgive and forget this person. What if he did this again and killed you? That is what happens to a lot of people who forgive their abusers. They kid themselves and believe love conquers all or it was just a one time thing.

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Thanks for your concern, but there is no question that the relationship is over.

I was merely expressing that he wasn't himself and that I was worried for him, not that the relationship had any chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home