Friday, July 28, 2006

News, News, News!!!

I am just sitting here idling my time away (if only I had a stick to whittle) waiting for Rog to pack his bag.

We are off to Amsterdam this weekend so I will not be posting as regularly as usually. Actually, strike that.

We are off to Amsterdam this weekend so I will be posting as irregularly as usually.

In other news: I am now the proud owner of a job. A real job. Full time (actually, more than full time). Poorly paid. Wonderful experience. Plenty of room for growth (I hope).

It is pretty much what I was doing in Spain. Cataloguing art, fiddling with digital images, sending out emails inviting people to get into art. Of course, becasue I acutally speak English there will be a lot more interaction with the artists and the art world. I have my fingers crossed. It is a good start.

It not in a gallery per se, it is more of an Internet setup but the calibre of art seems impressive. The deal is basically to liaise between clients who want to commission portraits and artists who paint them. Some of the artists on the site have painted the Queen so I imagine that is some indication of the possibilties.

Check out the sites. Part of my role will be editing them so I am interested to see what you think. Leave a comment, give your impressions, especially with regards to how they make you feel when you first arrive.

www.commissionaportrait.com
www.commissionacraftsman.com
www.artwarefineart.com

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:22 am, Blogger Mamluke said...

Congratulations on the new job!

 
At 10:28 am, Blogger D said...

Well done Mike! Sounds excellent.

 
At 2:47 am, Blogger richardwatts said...

ART FAG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home