Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's Hot Up Here...

...It's hot and it's monotonous.

Sear
Not really, that was just an in joke for D and anyone else in the know.

It is hot though. For Ol' Blighty it is a heatwave. The mercury has been hanging around the high thirties for pretty much the whole week. Yesterday was the hottest July day since 1911. Impressive.

The problem over here is that they are just equipped for such temperatures. There are of course very few decent beaches (well not close to London), no swimming pools to speak of and air conditioning, even in shopping centres and cinemas, is rare.

When they speak of people dying over here in these temperatures, it really happens. The infrastructure is just not in place. And Sweet Baby Lord Jesus, you should try to sit on a bus or a train in the middle of summer.

To prove my point, here is a photo of a melted icecream. Case closed!

Melty Swirl
Hope it is not too cold where you are (bet you won't been needing blood flavoured ice blocks).


Tags: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:36 pm, Blogger D said...

Well, there are worse things than staring at a camera on a Thursday.

And global warming is a myth, meh!

 
At 12:05 am, Blogger walypala said...

Thank you, Don, for that... and for the hat!

Oh, this is too much fun.

You do know it is playing on the West End at the moment. Apparently it is a stunning production but it is ridiculously expensive and I don't know if I could bring myself to let go of Mandy and Bernadette.

I am sure a review will pop up here before it closes in September though. I don't think I would live with myself if I missed it.

 
At 9:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got your glasses, but that isn't your good profile...

Hope all is fun there in the heat.

I don't think I could bear you to miss SitPwG either! Despite the risk that it may not live up to Mandy & Bernadette.

 
At 2:22 am, Blogger D said...

You have to go. Art isn't easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home