Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another B&S Quote


Brothers and Sisters has become my guilty pleasure since Alias went by the wayside - well, Brothers and Sisters and Heroes. I think there is just enough schlock and schmaltz in the two shows to more than make up for the preposterous outings of Ms. Bristow. The good bits are made up for by Battlestar Galactica (now with added Alias alumnus).

Of course, this means I am now having to watch three shows a week instead of one but, thanks to the vagaries of American programming, they are never all on in one week.

Aaaanyway, I just wanted to share another insubstantial quip from the show. You may remember, this was edging towards being a regular feature for a while, and it probably would have been but for the aforementioned vagaries of American television programming.

Sarah: He's bi...
Kevin: No one's bi. Have you ever heard of a seventy year-old bisexual. At some point you make a choice, thus the expression: bi now, gay later.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3:16 pm, Blogger cloudcontrol said...

It's totally your fault I'm hooked on this show too (Heroes and Ugly Betty I can blame on other people)...

I watch it with my boyfriend, who can't help but comment at least once an episode how it's inferior to Six Feet Under, and yet somehow derivative of Six Feet Under.

That being said, I've not watched the first four seasons of Six Feet Under, but what I HAVE seen of it leaves me to believe that it's not as warm, soft-focus, Hallmark-y, which is part of why I like Brothers and Sisters.

That and Justin and Kevin are hot.

 
At 6:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is it going to be on??

 
At 12:10 am, Blogger whatev said...

Having only watched ALL the promos for B&S, one could tell immediately, it's the middle-America version of Six Feet...

I enjoy sci-fi, but I think Galatica's dull... stopped watching it way back. Might check it out again.

 
At 12:16 am, Blogger walypala said...

I don't find that B+S has much at all in common with Six Feet Under beyond the initial setup. It is just an overage family drama in the vein of Providence or Thirty Something.

As for Galactica, check it out. Give it a chance. Very interesting show.

 
At 12:48 am, Blogger whatev said...

Okey doke with G.

Haven't watched Providence or 30-Something ... So have you watched e v e r y t h i n g .. ha?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home