Monday, January 15, 2007

Saturday Night Was A Drag

The Girls and the Grrrls
I admit it. Sitting around Andrews' place eating from Sue's deliciously cooked no-frills barbecue, I was less than impressed when someone mentioned that the plan was to go to the Greyhound afterwards. Less than less than impressed.

But I went. Actually, by the time the time had come I was tippsily up for it.

I am so glad. It was such an enjoyable night.

We dance-staggered to classic pop songs by the likes of Vanessa Amorosi, S Club 7 and the Minogues stagger-danced to the bar to drink some more. As always, Andrew's hat did the rounds.



The drag was hilarious. And sequinny. My personal highlight was the dance rendition of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" performed by singing portraits of the Madonna and Child. Priceless.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:13 pm, Blogger ss said...

t'was a magnificent night. In the car accident photo Andrew looks like he's about to give the car a good kicking, Stef looks divine and I look like I'm about to devour the car. How brill.

 
At 9:33 pm, Blogger On Golden Ponds said...

Saturday night drag at the Greyhound is the ONLY drag worth seeing!

 
At 12:29 am, Blogger whatev said...

I'm so not up with gay venues. Used to be ... done them to death. Now, mostly at interest-factor zilch.

I s'pose there are lockers and showers? ... I soooooo dislike long distance bus rides.

...

Now just look what happens when I see a sister! Straight into some kinda default mode...

 
At 12:39 am, Blogger walypala said...

Lockers and showers? Now you've lost me.

As with any venue it is about the friends you go with. That is what made Saturday so great.

 
At 12:56 am, Blogger whatev said...

Greyhound terminals have lockers and showers. (Does Melbourne have a Greyhound terminal?)

I'm being silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home