Monday, October 16, 2006

Diary Tonic

It seems that Diary Sunday has become Diary Monday... I'm just not around my computer much recently. I actually read through most of my diary this morning and I realised that quite a lot has happened in the past few years. I suppose you just have to hope that I keep blogging long enough for you to hear it all.

As for this entry, I apologise to Hilli for calling her a mole. She knows how much I know I was wrong I was on that score. Hilli, I don't know where you are at the moment but as always, whenever I think of you I thank this world that I had the privilege to know you while you were here with us.


7 March 1998
So another year has passed and now I am twenty three. It seems that my life is still a little possessed by my sexuality since as a read the last few entries and I realise that since I have been up here that I have not written of the new teachers that are now working in Jigalong or of all the fun that we have been having the last few weeks which would have made this year so much better than last year but for the intense desire to get my end away.

I don’t suppose that I could really do the moment justice by trying to describe how I felt about the others when I first met them so I will try and find one of the letters I wrote at the time...
Anyway I'll give you the goss' on the other teachers because I am sure that you are just dripping with anticipation. Well, the first is an Aboriginal woman who is about twenty eight and she is ok even though she is pretty much... well... she will get on better with Justin than she will with me I think, but you never know. The next newbie is a Dutch mole named Hilli and she is built like a brick shithouse and has no sense of humour. The other day I made a joke and she turned around and said, "How would you like my best Dutch fist in your face?" Hmmmmm, I don't think that we will be getting along any time soon. And the final catastrophe is a fifty plus TEACHER!!! I am sorry but that is the only way to describe her. She was asked the other day what her hobbies were and she answered, "I teach everything!" She just hasn't got a clue. She is so fucking superior in all areas of teaching that she won't take advice from anyone, but by all accounts she will be falling flat on her arse pretty soon.
...well, that about sums up my feelings about two weeks into this term I think. After four more weeks the whole face of the school has changed, I certainly do get on with Hilli, she is fantastic and although she is not exactly a party animal she is incredibly honest and has a great sense of humour (how wrong we can be) and she is a sobering voice in amidst all the blustering of Jo and Marita, even myself (all in our different ways). Tuesdee is good too, she is hardly the life of the party but she is good value when it comes to an afternoon chat and fight on the Playstation. Marita is Marita and my esteem of her only changes from dislike to pity the longer I know her, she is trying hard to be part of the crowd but she only makes herself look really self serving.

Well it seems that everything didn’t turn out too badly after all in the staff department, especially the principal who is really cool, a little brash but fun loving at the same time. It is working out so well that for the first time I find myself thinking strange, wild, ludicrous thoughts like, maybe I will do another year here. I wish I had some drugs right now. And then I think that I will just let everyone know that I am gay and be done with it. Wild crazy talk!!! Life is strange.

Strange, strange, strange. I ran into Shane while I was in Perth, at Connections. I do believe that I shocked the pants off him. Another night in Perth threw up all the surprises that it could muster. Brad turned up, apparently I made quite an impression and he rang Donald to see if I were going to be in town. He brought his boyfriend down to the club and even then tried the moves, right in front of his man’s face. It is all a bit unbelievable, he still spent the whole night asking Donald if I were seeing Shane and if he had a chance. I have decided that I am going to sleep with him, Brad that is, if the opportunity arises but I am pretty sure that that is all that it will amount to. See I am still hung up!!!


Previous diary entries:
I Wanna Play
Confessions of an Amateur Melodramatist
Before I Sleep a.k.a. Diary Drowsiness
Goodbye 1996!!!
Back To The Bush
How Time Flies
End Of An Era
Kissy Kissy

Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home