Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Mixes




I know, it's been a while. It only goes to show how little time I will spend on blogging when I eventually find employment.

This week I have some remixes for you.

What makes a good remix? How the fuck should I know? All I know is that if a mix or a cover adds something new or reinvents a song then it has my stamp of dancing approval.

Listen to these beefed up numbers:
Death From Above 1979: Black History Month (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke Remix) - Love this remix so much more than the original track.

Silverchair: Freak (Remix For Us Rejects) - Everyone has there guilty pleasures and this is mine, well one of them. A remix from the "Head On" soundtrack, don't know who did it but I luuuuurve it. Rock on!.

Bjork: Who Is It (Vitalic Remix) -It sounds like Björk but it doesn't sound like her original version. Vitalic's album "O.K.Cowboy" was the best Daft Punk sounding album released last year, even better than Daft Punk's own release, and he works his magic on Björk with spectacular results.

Royksopp & Erlend Øye: Poor Leno (Silicon Soul Rmx) & There is A Light that Never Goes Out (Acapella) - The Smiths' seminally depressive anthem reinterpreted as an electro vocal. Interesting.

Off you run, lift those spirit fingers and dance!

Remember you can order all these albums and more at Amazon UK.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home