Sunday, April 23, 2006

Is this a festival I see before me?


Theatre heaven!

Could you ask for anything more? Stratford-Upon-Avon, Shakespeare and a cast of well known thesps.

Over the next year the RSC, with the help of some overseas companies, is going to perform each and every one of Shakespeare's plays, sonnets and long poems.

It all opens today and we already have our sights set on Patrick Stewart as Prospero in the Tempest, Judi Dench in The Merry Wives Of Windsor (The Musical?) and Ian McKellen as King Lear.

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastard, bastard, bastard, bastard, bastard, bastard, bastardy, bastard.

Heaven you say? I think Shakespeare is much better than that. A season of orgasm more like.

I would *actually* kill to see McKellern play Lear.

Although I am very happy with the offerings of the comedy festival (at least what little I have seen so far) I am deeply deeply envious (in case the accusations of bastardry didn't make that message clear enough)

p.s. the Kransky sisters and the Drowsy Drivers do a great rendition of "The lion sleeps tonight"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home