Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I've Just Got Back From "Work"

Well I finally got some work. I was sitting in Office Angels waiting for a posting when Reed (the other agency who hasn't as much as sneezed at me for the last month) called. They backed me into a corner and asked if I was available for work and I, of course, answered that I was. Basically I accepted without even knowing what the job was. In the end it wasn't much at all, only two hours. And only stuffing envelopes.

At least it was something. I feel like I am really starting at the bottom again. Below the bottom if that is at all possible. Everyone around me today was younger than me. They were all going about their busy office routines. It was interesting to watch and it gave me a glimpse of how different office work is to teaching.

For a start it is a good deal more social. There is a constant chatter and, at least in this office, a jovial manner. A lot of people seemed to be doing not much at all. I was being given tasks by the boss' son, which was quite amusing considering he as about twelve. There is a whole different dynamic here. It is actually quite exciting.

Look at me. I'm getting excited over stuffing envelopes and coallating papers.

Sing with me: "The only way is UP, baby, for you and me now!"

Tags: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home