Thursday, February 09, 2006

Morrissey Is Coming! Where My Razor?

So far my time in London has been marked by the bands I have not been able to get tickets to. Shows here sell out within minutes. Now, thanks to eBay and deep pockets, I can happily report that I have secured tickets to some upcoming "gigs".

If all goes well I should be receiving my DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE tix today! Hoorah!!!

And if all goes even better my MORRISSEY tix should be here soon after.

To celebrate I give you the gift of music. Pop over to elbo.ws, a site that collects posted .mp3, click on their Morrissey page and if you are quick you can grab the first three tracks off the Morrissey's upcoming The Ringleader Of The Tormentors. The first track ain't that good but the other two are classic.




And if you haven't been hooked yet, check out Death Cab For Cutie. Over at Puddlegum they have four great tracks. Soul Meet Body is one of the best off their new album, Plans, but I still adore the title track off Transatlanticism.



And last of all (Stu this one is for you if you haven't heard it yet) check out Bunch Of Betty's mp3 for this excellent Futureheads cover of Kate Bush's Hounds Of Love. Choice!!!

Oh well, I have to get back to missing some other bands now. High on the list (some haven't even sold out yet):

Snow Patrol
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Sigur Ros
The Decemberists
Mogwai

Wish me luck!

UPDATE: To make it easier for you, I have put access to elbo.ws on the sidebar along with some other mp3 blogs that have some decent tracks. I will keep the elbo.ws pane there as long as the artists stay of the same calibre. Check them out and if you like buy it or download it from iTunes.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:36 am, Blogger D said...

Okay, I am jealous as all hell. I love Plans, so I am thrilled you will be getting to see DCFC. I assume you have bought your DAT recorder, Dolby Mic and sombrero to discretely hide it all in?
:)
Thanks for the heads-up on the Futureheads' Hounds. It's mintox.

 
At 8:38 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Thanks for being the first person to use the word mintox on the blog. I love that word!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home