Sunday, February 05, 2006

Capitalism 4 Litigiousness 4 EVA

iPodding tells of a possible class action lawsuit going ahead against Apple because of the danger of hearing loss:

The iPod players are "inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss," according to the complaint, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on behalf of John Kiel Patterson of Louisiana.

Of course it could just be a clever little tactic by Microsoft, who is rumoured to be entering the portable music player arena.

So are they going to go up against Sony, Technics and Paisonic? They all have portable players and I am sure not all of them carry noise reduction features. This is silliness.

Click here for the story.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:15 pm, Blogger D said...

If I remember correctly, one of the first items in the iPod 'leaflet' (you could hardly call it a 'manual') accompanying the nano is a warning about sound volumes and potential hearing loss/damage. Also, the iPod incorporates a sound-limiting setting, no?

I now have a question for my fellow criminology conference delegates:
"Why is it not against the law to be a f&*king moron? Why, my dear friends, why?!"

ps. In Hobart it is raining slightly, but Perth is el-stinko 37. (I know where I'd rather be.)

 
At 7:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why?

But that is obvious my friend... not enough gaolspace. (I know... made it up - but it looks good, no?)

That and morons keep the world from spinning too fast.

And I am now back in el-stinko and wish I were in Hobart too, returning to Melbourne or maybe even in London. Sigh.

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger richardwatts said...

hey mike, do you read The Guardian? See my blog for the reason why. Fame at last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home