Sunday, February 05, 2006

Shopping Spree

We went into town today to visit one of Rog's friends in Lillywhites.



"It's beHIND you!!!"



Rog lights up under the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus



I don't know why we were worried about buying stuff in Melbourne before we left. Everything in this sports store was SO CHEAP!

We got some little wheely cases for next weekend's Paris trip and they were only £5 each. I got some trackies for £5, a hoodie for £7 and a casual suit jacket (with shoulder pads, hmmm) for £7.50. Good times!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:46 pm, Blogger D said...

Hey there, I am back in Melbourne! Well, Melbourne airport for about another hour actually... I am sorely tempted to do a runner from my next flight, blow off the conference in Hobart, and get up to some assorted Shamilligans here...hehehe.

Good to hear that you grabbed some clothing bargains. I demand a photo of your shoulder-padded self toot-suhweet. (That sounds vaguely Texan...).

Speaking of strange accents, I saw "Capote" last night, and was impressed by the performance (although less of the helium would go a long way) but overall it left me generally cold (but not bloody).

I found the website which trades as a market for hollywood futures (www.hsx.com) and their awards money is on Brokeback for the big one. It'll be intersting to see if the "market" is correct in its predicitons (according to the book I'm currently reading "The Wisdom of Crowds", it should be the most accurate measure).

Heads up for March: I'm going to have a tastefully kitsch Oscars party (ballgown optional). Any of your fine readers in Perth on the night are welcome. (However paparazzi will not be tolerated!).

Cheerio for now.

D x

 
At 8:38 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Aw, Oscar parties. I am having crazy dreams of a videochat link up.

I saw Transamerica last night. I had the same feeling. Great performance, hollow film. Felicity Huffman should easily be able to pull a Charlize though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home