Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ahh, Childhood!

The other day, just for kicks, I decided to re-visit one of the movies that I had vaulted in my memories of childhood, The Pirate Movie.

Ever since I firsts saw it at the age of 9, I have remembered it as an hilarious pirate romp with fantastic music and that gorgeous actor, Christopher Atkins.

Well... Um... No!

What can I say? Christopher Aitkins is about 12 years old and seems to have graduated from the Mickey Mouse School of Grating Child Actors, the "new" songs (as opposed to the G+S numbers) were like the b-sides of the Xanadu soundtrack and it was about as funny as slamming your knob in a door.


I think the line he was singing was, "You move me like the moon moves the tide."

That said, I was surprised to find that it was an Australian production. Gary McDonald (who was about the best thing in it), the "Freak" from Prisoner and... Rhonda Burchmore! Now there is some class!


See, gum trees!


"Desiiire!!!" (Ask Stu)

And it is all shot around Werribee Park and the Botanical Gardens.

Check it out if your fast forward button is working and you have half an hour to spare!

Tags: , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home