Monday, January 22, 2007

Daredevil (or, I wish I were blind)


I borrowed the dvd of Daredevil from Glen about, well, long enough back for him to forget I even have it, I'm sure. Actually, I didn't even know that I had it until I returned to Australia to find it snuggled in my tubs of dvds. I borrowed it because when I saw it in the cinema I fell asleep. When I tried to watch it on dvd, I fell asleep. I tried to watch it again and fell asleep.

I've always wanted to see it. I always fall asleep. That has to be somewhat telling.

I watched it again yesterday and found out something even more telling: I have seen Daredevil all the way through. I have seen it all the way through and it still didn't make enough of an impression on me for me to recall that I had seen it.

Why did I persevere? Jennifer Garner. (That reads, Jennifer Garner FULL STOP, by the way!)

I like comic book films and Daredevil came with such good press, pre-release. A dark comic book film. A solid comic book film. No... it was just another lightweight, watered down, connect the dots, crap comic book film.

I'll drop the dvd back to you, Glen. Post haste!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:11 pm, Blogger RRP said...

i fell asleep in all FOUR harry potter films... in the cinema and at home.

btw mikey, did you ever see "the avengers"? now, that was crap.

 
At 9:59 pm, Blogger walypala said...

I concur wholeheartedly, The Avengers was complete and utter shite.

I agree semi-heartedly on the Potter films. The third is actually fantastic; the rest are a snore-fest.

 
At 11:29 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

You mean you didn't like a certain well-hung Irishman's scenery-chewing performance? ;-)

If you think Daredevil is bad, I challenge you to watch Catwoman, Mike - now that's truly awful.

I watched it with a group of straight friends, one of whom said afterwards, shaking his head in disbelief, "Halle Berry's breast = hot. Leather = hot. Helle's breasts in leather should be doubley hot, but this film manages to ruin even that!"

 
At 11:37 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Scenery-chewing is one way of putting it. He was awful!

As for Catwoman, I really want to see how wrong they went. I can't believe they fucked it up so royally when all the ground work had already been done for them.

 
At 10:48 pm, Blogger Lumpen said...

Electra was worse, believe it or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home