Friday, October 06, 2006

As Ubiquitous As Samuel L. Jackson - The Chicken Parmigiana


Abbotsford's Park Hotel's Chicken Parmigiana
Originally uploaded by Trapped In A Suit.


While I was in London, land of pubs, I was shocked and appalled at the conspicuous absence of a certain dish.

Sure, they had their fish and chips, their toad in the hole and their roast but where was the mainstay of modern pub food, the chicken Parmigiana?

It turns out that the parma has not yet breached our shores and hit the big time in public bars worldwide. It is a social travesty!

What brought this on? Well, I wanted one last night and as my dinner date was feeling less than sociable and the friends I am staying with were under the weather, we decided to stay in and cook them up ourselves.

JP was convinced that the culinary perfection that we created beat the parma at the Marquis of Lorne, our preferred parma kitchen (rated 11th in Victoria at the newly revamped Search For A Superparma website).

It was a gross exaggeration of course, but I must say that the addition of crushed chilli to the crumb made for a delightful break from tradition. As you are all rushing out to try this at your home, I would also politely suggest a handful of freshly grated parmesan be added to the crumb because that is divine too. Don't forget the ham and make sure the cheese is suitably browned.

Someone else I know hasn't ever had one so that is going to be one of the next outings. Ah, to relive that first ever bite.

Tags: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dirtyfilthychicken

 
At 3:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not actually sure if I've ever had chicken parma either ...hmmm

 
At 8:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm embarassed to admit it, but I have never had one either. Not even the supermarket kind. My mother always used to say: "They put meat in breadcrumbs for a reason."

Next time I'm in Melbs, Shamil: you and I and a date with some cheesy chicken!

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Gay boy comes to London said...

I'd love to try it - minus the ham. The great parmigiana search is ON!

 
At 12:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and yet I'm sur I had it as a sub.

Could I ask you a favour? Could you watch a double bill. Rent & Hair, and give me your thoughts. Is it just my imagination or is there a symbiosis happening? And what of Treat Williams? Hottie or naught-tie?

(get the Hair remastered 5.1)

ahoj

ps will u get to priscilla?

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger walypala said...

I have to admit that I didn't look that hard for one in London. I am sure that you could find a parma in The Walkabout or The Redback but I promised myself that I would never set foot in those places so I couldn't say for sure.

As for this list of musicals...

I have already aired my views on RENT but I'd chuck Hair in the same basket. A film that was made too long after the show was relevant. I found Treat Williams too much of a minger for the role (so was John Savage) but Beverly D'Angelo was a feast.

Priscilla, no, not going to go there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home