Monday, July 10, 2006

Les Bleus vs. the Azzurri


Do I have to spell it out for you ladies? It is blue against blue tonight in the FIFA World Cup final.

Who to "root" for?

Like Natalie Imbruglia, I am torn. The only thing keeping me loyal to the French has been their late run of brilliance, mainly from the boots of Zidane (this will be his last international) and the fact that they can stay on their feet.

The Italians, who I thought I could never barrack for again, have played some stunning football recently and slowly begun the climb out of the pit they dived into against Australia...and they have Cannavaro!

Ah, fuck it! I am sure it is going to be brilliant, whoever wins.

I leave you with these images of Fabio Cannavaro. Oh, and thanks to everyone who mailed me those photos of the Italian football team. They were stunning photos but they weren't the Italian football team (unless Kelly Slater has moved to Italy and taken up fooball). Here is the real thing:



Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home