Saturday, July 08, 2006

That's Nooo How Ye Meke Porage!

Breakfast
This morning we were out of cereal so I decided to eat porridge. Intrigued by the recipe on the box, which states add sugar or salt to taste, I decided to add bacon.

I don't know, I thought, two breakfast foods should go together. It sounded tres Scottish to me. Besides, one of my favourite meals is the New Yorker breakfast at Endis Café on Brunswick Street (which has bacon and pancakes with maple syrup - mmmm).

Searching for whether my culinary wake up was traditional or not, I found not. I also found that there are even better ways to eat porridge: snail porridge washed down with smoked egg and bacon icecream.

Verdict? Almost as tasty as the Scot on the box... almost.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:45 pm, Blogger D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger D said...

Second time lucky:

I always thought it was spelt (spelled) porridge. I am indeed an ignorant Scot.

 
At 10:29 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Never fear, wee lassie.

It is spelled porridge, except sometimes in Scotland it roams the glens and sunbathes by the lochs under its alter-ego, porage.

Och ey the noo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home