Thursday, June 29, 2006

Aaaaaahhhh... Geek Out!


I may as well admit it now. I was a teenage geek!

Why am I spilling the beans now? Well, a few projects are poking their pointy eared heads up to give me away.

Everyone knows about Michael Bay's live action Transformers film. It is going to be big and flashy as only a Michael Bay movie can be. Now it has a release date and an announcement trailer.

Some more tentative productions are The Power of the Dark Crystal, a sequel to some puppet flick, and The Dark Is Rising based on one of my favourite books from my yoof! Fingers crossed. There is some good names attached but it is early days.

But the announcement that has prompted this post is an animated film version of The Dragonlance Chronicals. Geek-o-rama! I am sure it is going to be crap. The novels weren't great literature but there are some amazing characters. Xena has signed on! There's an endorsement and a half.

Now, if only someone would adapt some David Eddings for the big screen. Yummy!


Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh when I was a kid I desperately wanted to be Megatron. I hated the fact he transformed into a Gun but I loved his phlegmy (pre fat actress) Kirsty Alley voice as well as his overall fortitude while being perpetually thwarted by a fleet of Tonka trucks. I also wanted to be Kal Zakath the Emeperor of Mallorea (for his ineffectual livin larginess).

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger walypala said...

There seems to be a pattern of megalomania running through your life, Shamil.

Anyway, I was hoping that Bea Arthur would voice the new Megatron. Come to think of it, she would make an imposing Kal Zakath also.

Makes you think, doesn't it!

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

As much as I loved The Dark Is Rising series (hell I still own them, and they're autographed!) I heard alarm bells ringing when I heard this Hollywood-esque spin on the titular book:

"The story centers on a boy whose life is turned upside down when he learns he's the last of a group of immortal warriors who dedicate their lives to fighting the forces of the Dark."

Immortal warriors? Oh, as they say, dear.

 
At 10:52 pm, Blogger walypala said...

I know, I know. I was worried as soon as I heard Walden had the rights (they are the knobs that blahed The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe).

Then I saw that John "Trainspotting" Hodge was writing the script so I think that balances out. At least he is British.

Like I say... fingers crossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home