Friday, June 23, 2006

No Fat Lady... No Song...


Last night Australia held Croatia to a draw, taking the needed point, their passport into the second round of the tournament. And what a game it was! Yellow cards were flying left, right and centre. By the end of the match, we were down to 10 men and they were down to 9.

Referee Graham Poll certainly left his mark on the match. Of the four goals, two were scored from his decisions. Add to that, some blatant fouls that went unseen, including two in Australia's penalty box AND a disallowed goal on the final whistle. If Australia had lost we would have had plenty to belly-ache about.

Thank sweet baby, Lord Jesus that it didn't come to that otherwise Kalac, our second "goalkeeper" would have been in for a much harder time than he is most probably already getting.

Guus scratches his head. "I wonder if I should play Schwarzer."

So now we are up against Italy. Lygon Street is going to be a battleground! They are big but the U.S.A. shows they are not without their weaknesses. It is a big feat and should make for an extremely watchable bout.

On a more psychic note, when I checked my BBC World Cup Predictor, I found that I had picked the exact scores of both of tonight's Group F games. Freaky!


I am sitting at my computer pulling the strings of the World Cup. If you want to check out how things are going to advance from here on in, check out my web page of destiny!

Oh, and Johnny: Jogging in a green and gold tracksuit. You fuck-stick!

Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home