Friday, April 07, 2006

The Waiting Game

The weather is picking up here. I spent some of the afternoon today falling asleep under the upstairs window. It was nice to feel the heat of the sun on my face. Of course it was only warm because the window was keeping out the nasty cold air but that will change soon.

The buds are forming on all of the trees now, they are almost as green as the moss that grows up their trunks.

I have been getting up everymorning and adorning myself in my suit (which I love) and going to sit in the foyer of the temporary employment agency to wait for work to come in while I read Middlesex. It is actually good to set that time aside for reading. I don't tend to read quite as much as I would like because I always end up getting drawn into fiddling around on the web whenever I have a few minutes spare. I feel like I am doing something at least, I have a reason to get up in the morning but I still feel foolish sitting there waiting. Waiting for a job that I am going to be over qualified for. Waiting to get some relevant experience on my C.V.

I am waiting on two agencies to get back to me about two interviews. Just waiting. Calling, harrassing and waiting. Grrr!

Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home