Thursday, March 16, 2006

Toilets and Toilet Humour

I am a little late with this one due to my brief flirtation with depression yesterday. On Tuesday night Rog, Paul and I popped into Barcode in Soho to be amused, bemused and bewildered by the stand-up comedians (and comediennes) at Comedy Camp.

You will have to excuse me because I don't remember any of the comics' names but they were all very funny. The last guy was Canadian and he definitely had a screw loose. This is the photo he took of himself after he snatched my camera from my fingers.



It is not very flattering but at least he doesn't have his t-shirt pulled over his head and his arse crack hanging out like he did for the majority of his set. Hat's off to him though, he was fucking hilarious.

In other news, earlier that night we were eating in a nearby ramen house and I decided I needed to "insert euphemism for urinating here". Halfway through my visit to the toilet, still marvelling at the wonderfully simple effect they had managed with the paintwork, I looked down at the urinal.

Immediately I set to marvelling at the ingenious design of their urinals. They had a sink-like drain and even had taps on the side and a soap dispenser above. It wasn't until I was captivated by the thought that they had designed these urinals to double as wash-basins that I realised how wrong I may have been. It wasn't until I turned and saw the mundane, stock-standard issue urinals behind me that I knew how wrong I definitely was.

Observe:



In my defense, they were extremely low basins. And I wasn't even drunk.

I will not make that mistake again and I will be back. The food was fantastic and the comedy will certainly be a regular feature of my London nights. Next week is some chick from Full Frontal and the week after is Hattie Hayridge from Red Dwarf.

Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home