Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cartoons, Comics and Arch Art Movies

Just a few movie tidbits for you:

New "Cars" poster is out. Like I said before, this film wasn't exciting me until recently. Now as it is drawing to completion it is starting to look ace.

Check out how the rock formations look like the rear ends of Caddilacs. Brrrooom!

(via Ain't It Cool)

Alan Moore, author of the graphic novel "V For Vendetta" talks to The Beat about his trials and tribulations with DC Comics.
"Well, I don't own the baby anymore, Heidi! The baby is one I put a great deal of love into, a great deal of passion and then during a drunken night it turned out that I'd sold it to the gypsies and they had turned out my baby into a life of prostitution."
He certainly comes across as a man who is dedicated to his artistic vision.

I really have to read this novel. The movie comes out tomorrow so I doubt I will knock it off before then. I would really like to see if Moore's refusal to endorse the film has any grounding or if he is just too scarred after Hollywood bastardised "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

(via Boing Boing)

Finally, it is time to don your black berets and light those cigarettes! Apple have put up the trailer for Matthew Barney's latest piece of art/film/instillation/fuck, "Drawing Restraint 9". This time it has his consort/life-partner/wife/co-inhabitant/fuck provides the soundrack.

The film has something to do with a huge Vaseline sculpture and a ship. Hmmm... What did you expect. His last cinematic outing was a quintet of films that symbolically documented the descent of the testicles!

Crazy arse images and ear noodling music... yep, it looks and sounds just like any other Björk video.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home