Monday, March 13, 2006

Brad Bird Steps Into The Kitchen At "The House Of Mouse"

Brad Bird, voice of Edna Mode, oh, and the mastermind behind the animation masterpieces "The Iron Giant" and "The Incredibles" is taking over control of Pixar's "Ratatouille" from director Jan Pinkava.

The details are scant but apparently the announcement was made at the weekend Disney stockholders meeting. The incredients? A rat, a Parisian restaruant and an excentric chef. I can't wait to see what he boils up. It is a bit dicey that Brad is taking over an existing project, given that he previous films were the labour of love variety, but he is such a master storyteller that I am sure he will pull off something brilliant.

Let's face it, Lasseter did it when he took over the Toy Story sequel.

If you haven't seen the new trailer for "Cars" you really should. I was not too excited about this one but now I am. Pixar rocks!

Thanks again to Ain't It Cool who put me in touch with Brad in the first place.

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:22 pm, Blogger D said...

I will be happy with nothing less than "Edna" a bio-pic in the grand tradition of "Ghandi", "Ali" and "Ray".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home