Friday, March 17, 2006

Celebration: 100th Post!!!

Yes that is right: 100 little portions of my time wasted entertaining you miserable fucks!

No, seriously. I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that even though I am having a wonderful time over here, I miss you all terribly and can't wait to see you all when you come and visit. And no, I haven't found a job yet but I did get an email requesting I ring someone on Monday about a position. It is not a job but it is my first peek of any success so it has bolstered me a little.

To celebrate this monumentously trivial occasion, here is a photo of me taken last night. It is not very flattering (but then I am wearing a tea cozy and standing next to a gorgeous pseudo-blonde from Horsham):


So, love to you all. Thanks so much to everyone who comments on the blog. It does cheer me up so and reminds me that there is a great group of friends out there sharing a whole lotta lovin'.

Don: Miss you bundles but let's face it, we'll probably see each other just as much anyway! The speakers still haven't arrived but don't stress, they are probably just imprisoned by the cloud faeries.

Nerida: Ditto, minus the speaker comments. Hope Sweden/Switzerland goes well for you. Call me when you get in.

Neale: When we are both destitute can we live on the streets together?

Tristan: Movin' on up! Good to hear BrizVegas is finally paying off!

Shamil: I won't say anything because you know I won't get a word in edgeways. I do miss our lunches! Why don't you fly over some time next week and we'll dine (THAT WAS A JOKE!!! IF YOU END UP HERE I WILL CASTRATE YOU!!!)

Chris: I didn't get locked up. Lucky me! Hope your man is still the shit! Did you get into those Argonauts?

Kate and Skye: You know a wedding will bring me back don't you!

Jim and Byron: You know a wedding will bring me back don't you, either that or do it over here. Hell a good game of UNO will bring me back! As long as Paul comes along (and sings... and farts in our faces!) Thanks for those letters Jim. Don't worry about the rest. I think most of them are redirected, feed the rest to Romy.

Tania: I am awaiting that phone call when you arrive in England. Hope you are enjoying your bonus time with Alex!

Rick and JP: Hurry up!

Glen: We've just corresponed so you're up to speed.

Stu: I am waiting for a first look at your manuscript. Remember, Ibiza awaits us!

Sam: I've said it all before! Remember, I'll always pick up the phone. Unless my hands are cut off!

Chrissie: You would not believe it. We are now living with your long lost twin sister. I kid you not. Her name is Angela and she is from Perth (which we all know is where Tasmania broke off from) and chatting with her is seriously like a chat with you, or an argument.

Richard: Do you want to do a movie this weekend?

Ben: I don't even know your email address anymore. It had something to do with astroboy so I'll try to guess. If anyone knows it can you give Mr Davey a heads up. Hope everything is going well. You are the man! Fight the good fight.

Dani: Has your man arrived yet? How's the new place treating you. And the new class. Oh, how our roles are reversed.

Ondine and Brad: Are you out of bed yet, Ondine? I know I am crap at emails but I will write you soon. Hell I might even call. And the same goes for you. If you get married I'll come and throw rice on ya. Or at least I'll try.

Lucy: It was great seeing you (I think everyone who saw the photos agrees!) Let me know how Sigur Ros go! Send me photos of your mud-brick house. You'll have to send me Anouska's email address, oh, and those photos.

Gizzelle: I have lost your address again. You know I need to tattoo it on my forearm. How's the crew. I hope the new addition is pottering along well. You need to come over here to see some of these bands.

Shel: Save, save, save!

Imo: Where are those postcards? I know you are not saving up for the stamps!

Mum, Dad, Kate, Paul, Hayley and Max: I'll call!

Everyone over in London... you get to share the love in a physical way... Wooooaaahhhh! (there is a birthday/housewarming coming up so prepare yourselves!)

I know there are people I have missed so a great big generic hug goes out to you all.

13 Comments:

At 2:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't argue, Mike. I discuss. Passionately.

 
At 2:48 am, Blogger walypala said...

Well, we'll see about that when you get home, young lady!!!

I have already set up the kickboxing ring in the reception!

 
At 2:49 am, Blogger D said...

Congratulations on your blogging century Mikey, and miss you too. Even though Perth is a long way from anywhere, it does feel like you are further away :(

Anyhoo, I am concerned about the long-delayed arrival of your speakers, so I will get my people on to it.

And if there are any problems, I will go postal on their asses, I swear.

Lots of lovely love,
D x

 
At 2:58 am, Blogger walypala said...

Nah, don't stress yourself about it. Really. They will show up soon I am sure.

If they don't, well, it's only stuff (yeah, I know. I am feeling eloquent today!)

 
At 3:26 am, Blogger richardwatts said...

sure - got a movie in mind?

 
At 8:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that we can find a nice little storm drain together somewhere in the country. I will start saving the cardboard.

Happy 100th.

 
At 4:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michael. Love the new background BTW. I have decided to celebrate with a crashing hangover (somehow yesterday's lunch finished up at 3am). Be nice to the English sahibs.

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger walypala said...

Aw, thank you Myron. I miss you too! And your jokes...

 
At 4:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! & much missing!
love. xx

 
At 4:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulation! missing! love! xx

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Tanks you guys.

Enough already!

xxxxxxxxM

 
At 12:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nerida - Mr Scott, Sweden/Switzerland was wunderbar, I think I consumed about 5 kilos of cheese in various states of viscoity (the cheese not me). I will ring you, I miss you.

 
At 2:06 am, Blogger walypala said...

But did you drop the bread?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home