Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bleed Me Dry

Breakups, don't we love them!

At times like this I turn to music to bleed me of all that all-consuming inner turmoil.

This time around Idlewild's American English is featuring prominently along with one of my all time favourites...



I'm not going to claim that the lyrics are particularly relevant to this specific situation but Björk's sentiments always fortify me against any lovelorn listlessness.
You think you're denying me of something
Well, I've got plenty
You're the one who's missing out
But you won't notice
Until after five years
If you live that long
You'll wake up
All loveless
I dare you
To take me on
I dare you
To show me your palms
I'm so bored of cowards
Who say what they want
Then they cant handle
Can't handle love
Of course, these songs usually give way to more optimistic numbers, like Modest Mouse's Float On or Grandaddy's Now It's On.

Things always begin to look up.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:04 pm, Blogger cloudcontrol said...

I tend to do terrible things like listening to Radiohead or Tori Amos on repeat for days on end. But (as I'm sure you're already aware) it's just a process, and we each have our own.

Buck up tiger, you're the hotness.

 
At 6:00 pm, Blogger walypala said...

When it's really bad out comes the Nine Inch Nails.

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger cloudcontrol said...

please tell me you don't cut yourself. Self-mutilation is so not hot right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home