Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"I'd like to thank Sweet Baby Lord Jesus..."

Whilst ambling through my site meter just now, I noticed a good many hits from this address. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered I surfed on through and found this:

GayBloggies
I'm perplexed and well, honoured, I suppose. I know a few friends who read NNM but the aforementioned site meter barely averages 70 visitors a day.

Of course, you could vote for me here, but in all honesty, I really don't know what I would do with the prizes that are up for grabs. If the winner won a job in the industry of their choice, I'd be hitting the streets in a placard, kissing babies and anyone else who'd be interested, but as it stands, I'm sure one of the other worthy nominees' penises would have more fun with the prizes. Still, it is nice to see your name up in pixels.

I'd recommend voting for R*YAN, I've met him and he's really sweet. Or better yet (or at the same time), vote for Q+A at the Rainbow Awards, SBLJ knows it's been around long enough and I'm sure some of you have gotten laid after a night out there. It is only polite.

Seeing as I'm not going to win, I thought I'd make an acceptance speech for the nomination.

"Thank you to whoever nominated me, you rock. And thanks to Queerclick, for being queer and clickable. Thanks to my Mum and Dad, who never really talk about anything queer, but who are also kind of clickable. Thanks to all my friends, without whom I would never have started this blog. Thanks to Gwyneth Paltrow for stealing the Oscar off our Cate... Thanks to both my readers for their foolish dedication. And finally, I'd like to thank Sweet Baby Lord Jesus for making all this possible, especially the second crusade (my favourite crusade) and the Catholic church... *music swells*

Tags: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, as a dedicated reader I was going to nominate you :D

But the links didn't work :(

Cheers, Paul

ps. I love your description of your parents as clickable!!

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Yeah, that is a problem.

I will try to sort it out asap.

 
At 4:39 am, Blogger whatev said...

I just voted for you, and then Ryan. Dunno what it's about, didn't look around while over there - just following your instructions.

Errr... easily led?

Just thought, there were categories, I'll go back and see which one you guys are in.

Oy. Clip my head, will ya!

 
At 10:36 am, Blogger walypala said...

Ha, I guess that means the voting is sorted out then.

But really, if you'd followed my instructions you wouldn't have voted for me.

Consider yourself clipped.

Thanks though.

 
At 5:14 pm, Blogger On Golden Ponds said...

As another dedicated reader, I also voted for you (both actually).

If I had known that you were going to make such a fiercely poltical statement as thanking Gwyneth for stealing Cate's Oscar, then I'd have written an e-mail imploring the judges to make the right decision! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home