Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Craw: A Timely Update

You may remember a few months back that my manky hand was christened "The Craw" in honour of its new-found crawness.

Well, it no longer looks much like it did back then, it looks quite a bit more handish. Actually, works a lot more handily too.

See!

So I suppose the time of "The Craw" is over.

Of course, it is not all smooth grappling. My grip is still terribly weak and I cannot make a full fist. Yes, it's true, my hand still forms a perfect finger sign in full tense mode but there have been gains, which is encouraging.

Kate now says she doesn't have to see me each week and my next appointment with hand therapy is in a month. So, a month till my next hand therapy gig and two months till I see the hand surgeon again. While I was walking home, I felt positively normal.

Now I just need a job. I have an appointment with a careers psychologist next week and an appointment with some Job Centre setup this afternoon, so it's all systems go on that score.

Roots seem to be burrowing steadily into Melbourne earth.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:02 am, Blogger MadeInScotland said...

kqjust looks like you've gone OTT in your desperation to have a favourable palm reading...
;)

I hope it's not too woeful that you cannot currently form a proper fist.

ahoj

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

YAY!

I still can't wink with the right side of my face because of a bad bout of bells palsy. Whenever I try my face just goes all squishy.

 
At 8:10 am, Blogger walypala said...

Sounds uncomfortable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home