Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Suzuki: "John Howard is an asshole!"


While I was eating my lunch today, I managed to catch the the sting in the tail of Dr. David Suzuki's appearance at the National Press Club.

I am happy to misreport him as saying, "John Howard is an asshole!"

Of course, when he said it, it was in the following (heavily paraphrased) context:
Press Club Member: The press has recently reported blah, blah, blah... what do you think of that, Dr. Suzuki?

Dr. Suzuki: The only place I have heard about this is in the press and I do not trust you guys.

Press Club Member: *knowing, yet uncomfortable smile*

Dr Suzuki: No really, you guys have just listened to thirty minutes of my insightful and considered speech and you are going to reduce it into 6 inches of copy. If I said, and I am not actually saying it, but if I said, for example, "John Howard is an asshole!" I may get 10 inches. That is why I don't trust you.
Of course, it was clear from his eyes that he really was saying it. Bless!

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that statement should be put into the consitution

 
At 8:57 am, Blogger walypala said...

I've already written it in my copy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home