Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm Rightfully Astounded

Yesterday, while waiting for the bus, I noticed a father wheeling his daughter in a stroller. Nothing remarkable. What was amusing was that he left the girl waiting in the middle of the footpath while he looked around, ducked down and scrawled something into some wet cement.

He looked so sheepish, like a naughty schoolboy. I found it quite amusing that a grown man could act in such a fashion. I mean, he has a child for goodness' sake.

Amused with my own amusement, I decided to check out what he had written, which I was sure would be the perfect cap to an idiosyncratic little anecdote for your amusement.

I.R.A.

That's all. Three letters. But it was enough to send a chill down my spine.

Sometimes the stories we imagine aren't nearly as wild as those reality offers up to us.

Tags:

3 Comments:

At 12:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's really...chilling.

Your clever blog title hasn't gone without notice, by the way.

 
At 1:34 am, Blogger walypala said...

It just wasn't what I was expecting. The mundane setting made it all that much more scary.

 
At 1:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe his name was Ian Ross Anderson? Either that or maybe he was going back to Ealing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home