Sunday, March 26, 2006

Diversions


I had a coffee after dinner last night so I was up pretty late scouring the net like a French truffler.

I snouted out a few. The pic above is from Michael Paulus' gallery of the skeletal systems of cartoon characters. So Charlie Brown has a backbone after all.

Alan Outten's site has a few interesting installations including a link to the world's smallest website where you can play Pong or Pac-man on the toenail of a fairy.

My personal favourite though is the website of coder/designer/digital magician, Yugo Nakamura. His work is astounding in its grace and simplicity. I never thought a couple of vectors could be so entrancing. Check it out at yugop.net.

Last of all, I finally checked out a couple of vids that have been the focus of much geek-speak in the Nerd Cave over the last few days:

A cat falling from a tree... a very tall one (tree not cat).
An autistic basketball hero.
Engage! The Captain Picard Musical

...and you absolutely have to listen to this guy and his ukelele:



Tags: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expected a real piss-take. And, although it is funny in a bizarre way, the ukelele is amazing!
However it took forever to download. A faster version can be found at:
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/

Picard on the other hand. Why?

 
At 2:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the 'nerd cave' supposed to be our home? What a sadly perfect way to describe to describe our humble abode.

 
At 3:06 am, Blogger walypala said...

I am sorry, Ange.

When I was writing I was hit by the image of the four of us sitting watching Smallville in our comfy little "reception", laptops atop laps, and I thought: WE ARE BIG NERDS IN A LITTLE CAVE THAT IS PERFECTLY APPOINTED FOR ALL MANNER OF NERDISHNESS.

Don't get me wrong. We are cool nerds. We are like Melbourne indie-kids, just without the stupid hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home