Wednesday, February 01, 2006

And the winner could possibly be...


Oscar noms are out!

Brokeback is up for eight as I count them:

Best actor - Our Little Sandgroper
Best Supporting Actor - Donnie Darko
Best Supporting Actress - Mrs Our Little Sandgroper
Best Cinematography
Best Director - Ang Lee
Best Score (Who scored better Jake or Heath? Talk amongst yourselves!)
Best Picture
Best Adapted Screenplay

Other films gaying up the Academy Awards this year are Capote and TransAmerica, neither of which I have seen but certainly plan to soon. Just from the trailer for Capote I would be happy to see Phillip Seymour Hoffman win the award over Ledger but I think Heath was fantastic.

I'm very interested to see how Jon Stewart handles the ceremony after Dave Letterman failed so dismally at his turn at hosting.

For the full list go here!

Predict away ladies...

Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:44 pm, Blogger D said...

I finally saw Brokeback last night (after refusing the lend of a dowloaded version) and was surprised that I was so moved, even after reading the s-story again the other day. I hope it wins the big one, even just to broaden the audience.

Oh Jack, I would have started that ranch with you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home