Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Say Hello!

Hey there everyone,

This is just a quick note to say thank you to everybody for the other day, and for the other days leading up to the other day. I had such an enormously enjoyable last few days in Melbourne. Many of you asked me if I was excited about leaving and setting up a new life in London and I couldn’t really say because I was saddened by how much fun I was having at the time, and that with each precious moment that passed, I realised, just that little bit more how much I am leaving behind (for those who need to be hit over the head with a message: THIS MEANS YOU! ALL OF YOU, YOU ARE SO IMPORTANT TO ME!!!). Suffice to say that if I had it in me to keep an actual physical diary, in years to come, it would be the past few days that would be dog-eared, highlighted, and rendered almost illegible for all the tiny notes and comments scrawled in the margins and between the lines… oh and tear stained (hopefully you will all forgive me for being such a dribbling mess).

One big regret I have is that I have so few photos of the last few days. I have a few of my last family lunch down at Idibidi with my parents, sister, Paul and the kids.








What I don’t have (and I know they are out there) are photos of the Bolinger, which I am still astounded they actually sell at Retro Café, Shamil’s face as he resigned himself to the fact that he had left another phone in another taxi, the Alcodol machine and the lascivious bacchanal of Nerida, Gabriel and Donald at Blu Bar (or did I thwart all of Dennis’ attempt to get that one). Does anyone have photos of Kelly’s Long Island Iced Teas? I don’t think anyone managed to snap Samara in her Advance Australia Fair Bikini but if they did I would like a framed, signed copy, or one of Neale’s religion-revealing shorts for that matter. Seriously, if you have any decent shots, send them to me and I will post them here.

And the pool… ah, the pool. Heaven on a stick. Won’t be doing that over here any time soon. Will have to wait a while until Ibiza heats up (hint, hint, Sam, Stu…). I think the only time I have felt hotter than Saturday was at The Market that night. And I have to add here, it is somewhat disconcerting to think that now I will be looking back on that place as one of the best nights I have spent in Melbourne (barring of course the Moloko concert at Good Vibrations). It was dance-tastic there the other night. I actually hunted on the net this morning for the song that went, “Saaay helllloooo…” (yeah, the one during which I texted greetings to everyone on the dancefloor) and I found out that I already had it on my iPod. Maybe that is why I liked it so much. I’m a clever boy.

Anyway, I should go. And to those who got as soppy as me: Sam, I’ll always pick up the phone for you… in the words of E.T. Be gooood! That goes for you too Stu, wonder twin powers activate! Shel, don’t worry, I’ve been just as bad. Shamil, there is nothing I can say that I haven’t already said (when you’d let me get a word in!), Don, Neale and Nerida, thank you so much for coming over it really meant the world to me, as you all do, (Nerida, keep him; he has hair!), Dani, I will kidnap him if you need me to! Jamie, Kate and Skye, I was so determined not to look back… but thanks for the extra loving! Get married and I’ll come back! Chrissie, keep those boys in check. Byron and Jim I’ll see you over here soon no doubt, thank you so so so much, staying with you has been like living with a couple of jazz soloists. Romy, sleep with your bits covered you little bitch-whore! Rick and JP hope the house stays standing without me in it. Those weddings can’t come fast enough!


Enjoy your summer, bitches!

Mike

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

Hey Mike - glad to hear you've landed safely. Sorry I was such a zombie at breakfast. I went back home and slept for nine hours straight after we said goodbye. Have an amazing and life-changing (in a good way) time in the UK and I look forward to seeing you later this year. Hugs.

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Oh, goodie, this works! How ripping!
Richard, you win the prize for first poster. I don't know what you win, perhaps you can harrass blogger.com. Just tell them I said you should win something. How did you get your head on there. I can't seem to find a way.

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

I don't know how I got my head on there; I was born that way!

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger D said...

Oh Mikey, it was a weekend of such extremes! Never have I felt so hot, met so many amazing people, had so much fun and felt so utterly devastated leaving Melbourne.
Glad to hear you are safe and sound in old blightey, you limey.
(I'll get your speakers and shoes sent over ASAP.)
Lots of love.

 
At 4:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Tiger! Two days down and all is well in our land. Samara and i are hours of fun. We have our two chairs set up at the front of our room ala David and Margaret and the children are so tiny and nice and complient at this early stage. The boys have ascended to a whole new level of mental, bless their cotton socks. Think of us at day camp on Friday. You sound happy, which is cool.
lvoe Chrissie

 
At 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Mike,

Chrissie and Samara think you have way too much time on your hands and should dedicate some of that time to EATING. We know there's no Hot Wings but please do your best. If you run into Mary Kate perhaps you two could go halvies in a sandwich? If you eat slowly it makes you feel fuller. Try not to sweat it off on the tube ride home. Giant sunglasses and long grey cardigan are in the mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home