Thursday, January 26, 2006

Berrymead Gardens: A guided tour

Let me show you around, give you the lay of the land... This is where I find myself humbly aboding. 48 Berrymead Gardens in sunny Acton. Because I am nice, and in true Aussie ex-pat style, I have donned my new Ugg boots and stepped outside to show you our lovely lemon frontage.



The open door you can see leads into a foyer where there is another door to our upstairs flat and one to our neighbours downstairs flat (apparently they are lovely). It is a sort of air lock where we can trap unwanted visitor and if all goes ahead with the planning permits, once we electrify the floor, we can torture them as well. Joy!

Oh, and here are the aforementioned Ugg boots. Thanks Mum!



Once inside, at the top of the stairs, you get an eyeful of the big mess in our bedroom. If you play your cards right you can see right into the toilet. On a good day you can even see Roger making little brown fish. It is pretty small but the en suite bathroom is handy.



Looking out of the bedroom is the hall. I don't know why but I find this rather charming. there is not much to the place. On the right are the kitchen and the living area and at the end is the stairs to the loft where our imaginary housemates live. I say imaginary because we hardly ever see them. I am sure that will change. At least I hope it does; it will help combat the cabin fever.



So then, here is the kitchen, where you can see that I am cooking my world famous Tuna Surprise. Unfortunately this time the suprise was on me because the tuna over here tastes like cat food, and bad cat food at that, not the gourmet Dine stuff. Luckily I had bought three different varieties. The second can I opened was not quite as bad. I am still holding out hope for the third. If only someone would import Sirena tuna over here. I am sure they would make a killing.



Here is the lounge/living area. Quite nice in late afternoon because it catches the sun (say from 1 till 1:30 when it starts getting dark).



And here is the view from the window. Not the lady with her wheely bag. You can almost hear her lamenting the fact that she couldn't buy any decent tuna at the local store.



Well, that is your guided tour for today. It is actually nice out so I am off to the city to scare some small children.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:54 pm, Blogger D said...

Yo Mikey, I put up some pics from the weekend at www.donaldritchie.com
(It's probaby easier than emailing them. Click on the pics twice for the largest version)
I love your new place, stay warm!
And before I forget, Happy Australia Day you deserting bastard.
(Yes, I have abandonment issues.)

 
At 8:59 pm, Blogger walypala said...

You've got abandonment issues? Just found out last night that the imaginary housemates we had are going to become non existant housemates. They have decided to move out. Shouldn't be too much of a drama though; just have to find some newbies to move in.
As for Australia Day, we are going to catch up with Becks and probably go to some god awful kitch pub. Weeee!
Now I'm off to check out those photos.
So, in the words of Holly Valance... Kiss, kiss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home