Monday, June 18, 2007

Monkey... Magic!

Okay, I've got to be quick because I am at work. I just wanted to let you know that I just found out that ex (or maybe not so ex) blur frontman, Damon Albarn and his Gorillaz side-kick, artist Jamie Hewlitt, have teamed up to write an opera.

And it is based on the ancient Chinese legend of Monkey.

And it is premiering next week, in Manchester.

And it has Shaolin monks in it.

Here is a clip from a doco about the show, which is going to air in early July. I haven't seen it yet but I'll be watching it as soon as I get home.



To be honest, the original television show made me violently ill. I think it was something to do with my impressionable young mind and really bad dubbing of the English soundtrack.

I'll have to take a bucket along, I guess.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:07 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

The nature of Monkey was...irrepresable!!

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger Ann ODyne said...

I have that Monkey story in paperback - maybe I should put it on ebay and turn it into $10 on the strength of this renewed interest - it is a classic book.

 
At 8:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pic of monkey, well done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home