Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Ozlandia Day

I love Australia Day.

Not because we get to wave flags and feel proud of our achievememts.

I love Australia Day because we can go down to Edinburgh Gardens and sit in the park and throw frisbees and eat barbecued food and drink wine and throw gum boots and play croquet and talk with friends and listen to the Hottest 100 and dance barefoot.

And everyone else it out doing the same thing.

I don't love Australia Day because some of my friends who don't look "Australian" have been told all their lives to be especially careful on the 26th of January because their parents used to receive death threats every year.

And I don't like that our illustrious leader doesn't think Australia is like that.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for 'illustrious leader' should we read 'wanker'?

I had forgotten that it will be his fifth term of office if he gets re-elected this year.

Perhaps its time for a blog competition looking for adjectives for Howard??? lol

 
At 11:18 am, Blogger Unknown said...

hi, can you please send me your email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home