Monday, January 01, 2007

FYI NYE @ WPPSC


Well, it’s done.

We’ve arrived.

And what as time it was.

I forced myself to see the New Year in with someone other than me. Most of my friends, old and new, were up in Sydney or out in the country so I ended up opting for the only sensible NYE venue in Melbourne, The Witness Protection Program Social Club at The Public Office.

I was so glad I did. And let me tell you why…

Luckily, my friends who had decided to stick around had all settled on attending. The crowd, resplendent in their white fishnets, bikini bottoms and three inch gold heels, where as friendly as they were diverse.

I bumped into a few bloggers (some recognised me, some didn’t) and some new friends, some friends of friends, whom I had never met and some cute guys

Best of all - my three coffees and one Jaegerbomb managed to place me on an even keel with all the other e-ed up punters. And I won’t get that terribly depressing come down tomorrow.

We peeked the fireworks over the rooftops and we were then regaled with some high-kicks and moons as some of the crowd were chased down from the roof.

The whole affair made a nice change from the straight, straight streets of Melbourne, with their un-ironic mullets and blonder-than-blonde whippets.

I couldn’t think of a better way to bring in the New Year.

Hope yours was as delightful!

x

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:31 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I was one of the ones (or the only one) who didn't recognised you! Woops! I was a teeny weeny bit drunk!

 
At 6:33 pm, Blogger RRP said...

ah shame i missed it.

sounds like it was rip-roaring fun.

i'll just be eagerly anticipating for them website polaroids.

happy new year, mikey!

 
At 8:49 pm, Blogger walypala said...

Ha, Downunderpants, you were a drunk, "straight" boy with a camera.

I loved the way you wrote me off because you thought I was there with a woman.

Me gay, she lesbian.

I thought you may have been a little drunk.

Happy New Year, all the same.

And Ryan, hope you are doing better. My heart goes out to you. Breakups suck. But it does get better.

x

 
At 3:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you there, Mike. Hope you had lots of fun.

I was there til about 5.30am and I spent the night bumping into lots of people I knew and flirting with those I didn't.

I'm probably heading to QNA on Thursday and I'll be up for a HUGE night - you should come along.

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Unknown said...

If i said something that was rude or insulting i do apologise. I remember seeing you there but not talking to you.

"Happy New Year, all the same" it appears that I did say something :-(

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger walypala said...

Don't stress dup.

You did nothing out of the ordinary. I thought it was hilarious.

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for.

Aaron, I may well see you at Q+A. Hopefully with something to celebrate.

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

"You did nothing out of the ordinary" that still doesnt give me much confidence ;-) !!

****now where did i end up leaving my shorts (walks off scratching his head)****

 
At 5:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with blonde whippets Mike, unless they're hitting on your man. If not for them I would've missed out on much entertainment over the past couple of years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home