Monday, March 20, 2006

Come Back To Camden

We went out to Camden market today. We had been warned that it is far from what it used to be. We had been warned that it was filled with people trying very hard to look like they were market shopping in Camden (with their leather jackets, their Clockwork Orange tees and their piercings). What we did find was all of the above and so much more.

The place is HUGE! Sure there are a lot of t-shirt stalls, and I mean a lot, and all selling the same shirts. I got the feeling at the very first stall that buying a shirt from Camden Market was a recipe for "clone-zone" disaster. So I resisted, even though there were some really ace shirts. I will maybe scout around London and if I don't see that many I will pop back and get some. I don't know how long I can live without a Thundercats tee!

Beyond the t-shirt stalls the real fun began. We crossed the canal and a whole new world of markety goodness unfurled before us. Camden market is what you would expect to see if Freo Market and Queen Vic market had a child and weaned it on steroids for ten years. Everything was there. Furniture, food, clothes, drums, raver goods... you can fill in the blanks.

And there were Spaniards. So many spanish, everywhere. There were more spaniards in Camden than there are Brits on the Costa del Sol. I think they are planning there revenge. Anyway, I have some photos but I will have to put them on tomorrow morning. I am tired from all the walking and all the lollies and the homemade fudge and the doughnuts. Bleugh!

Night...

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home