Thursday, March 15, 2007

3... 2... 1... Poof! It's the Melbourne Queer Film Festival


I'm about to head off to the Astor, Melbourne's beautiful art deco cinema, to hit the opening night film of the 17th Melbourne Queer Film Festival.

I can't say that I ever really enjoy the opening night. The films are usually MOR, there are a few too many homosexuals crammed into the foyer and a few too few drinks to go around.


Tonight holds a little more promise though. The film is Infamous (the other white meat Capote film), so it is a little stronger than most of the crowd-pullers they usually serve up to open the festival (even if Donald augers otherwise). The numbers have been limited (I think), and hell, I'm not paying for is so I am not going to complain.

I thought I'd collect in one place all of the reviewlettes that I've written that have been published on The Program or in MCV.

Looking at the list, it appears I have seen half the festival.



20 Centimetros
Backstage
Fabulous: The History Of Queer Cinema
The King And The Clown
The Line Of Beauty
Rainbow's End

Eternal Summer
The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros
No Regret (slightly expanded)

Tanlines
Far From Sunset Boulevard
Boy Culture



Never fear, I am still going to see y'all at the fest. I've got tix to see Meth, Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis and Dead Boyz Don't Scream and I have two more tix to squander somewhere.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:08 pm, Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I wanted to see Tan Lines, This Kiss and Far From Sunset Boulevard, but I wasn't sure if we just buy tickets at the time of the session. Plus, it's really difficult to go up to melbourne multiple times in a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home