Monday, November 20, 2006

Vamos (en directo)


The Johnstone Street Fiesta this year was, like last year and the year before, a gauntlet of stalls selling empanadas, paella, choripans and South American handicrafts. I have no idea why, even though I know that every year it is exactly the same, I am surprise at how lo-fi the whole affair is, nor why I am not as disappointed as I probably should be. Truth be told, I love it. The pedestrians, the smoke and the music.

And what music they had this year!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Vamos
Andrew and Michael are twins to the end and this makes them truly unique individuals. As a performance duo they leave their audience breathless with anticipation as to what’s coming up next. These guys are full of surprises. Not only are they trained artists but they are experienced quality singers, song writers and out front performers with such heat that you can’t help but feel a little singed by the experience.
For more hyperbole and a litany of snippy remarks about former band members, check out their biography.

And now, feast your souls on the wonderful gaiety that is, Vamos



Words fail me... These guys are as fantastic as they are deluded. Watching them is like watching an Australian Idol hopeful ripping a band-aid off. The best thing is, they have improved. You can check out where they have come from by watching them being watched by a bemused crowd at a backyard barbecue, which apparently constitutes their "showreel".

I shouldn't mock. I am sure with a decent producer and someone who is deft at twiddling knobs on a mixing deck, the boys could take it to the best of them. Let's hope for the best, for all our sakes.

Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:19 am, Blogger cloudcontrol said...

oh wow... that is some low-rent gaiety. I like how they can't even afford colour for their backup dancers.

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger richardwatts said...

The one in red and black is like, so gay!

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger cloudcontrol said...

... which is a shame, because he's so the less hot one (and we're talking relatively here).

 
At 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're giving it a go, right?

I take it you vamoosed outta there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home